Which learning experience is best for you? Briefly, here are the pros and cons:
- Face-to-face interaction (read body language)
- Learn from questions and answers of classmates
- Easy to network with classmates
- Must travel to classroom (weather may affect)
- Class is held at a specific time
- Must work at the speed of the class
- No travel time or travel cost
- Work at your own speed
- No visual cues from teacher or classmates
- Expressing thoughts, feelings, or opinions in writing may be difficult
- Difficult to network with peers.
Basically, a classroom learning experience lets you interact face-to-face with classmates, who may slow you down or motivate you. Online learning is convenient but requires self-motivation, self-discipline and a high degree of organization. Choose the method or mixture that works best for you.