Today I want to highlight a few of the resources on the Family Science page. They offer “a new parent education curriculum focused on parenting young children” called “Bright Beginnings.” The publications that go along with the ten lesson modules are available online.
While the resources are geared towards parents and cover topics such as physical, emotional, and social development, the publications related to play and reading are particularly well suited for use as story time resources as well.
If you are looking for resources you can provide to parents to take home so they can continue building on the skills learned in story time throughout the week, check out these publications.
The reading resources include (in PDF format):
- The Magic of Reading with Young Children
- Ages and Stages of Young Readers
- Reading Choices and Children
The play resources include (in PDF format):
- Young Children and the Importance of Play
- Young Children and the Tools of Play
- What Young Children Learn through Play
Do you currently provide take home resources for parents at story time? Tell us about them in the comments!