The Digital Initiatives department often gets calls or emails asking how to print or download a copy of an item on one of the State Library’s online collections on Digital Horizons, primarily PDFs from the ND County and Town Histories and ND State Documents collections.
It’s a simple process, and here are the steps to do it.
If you would like to download a PDF copy of an item or print it, follow these steps:
- Go to the item on Digital Horizons
- Click on the greenish printer icon on the right
- Select the “All” option
- A PDF copy of the item will then load (it may take a few seconds)
- Click on the download icon in your browser to download a copy, or click on the print icon in your browser to print
And that’s it!
Here is another tip.
If you would like your downloaded PDF’s to print out with uniform page size, follow these steps:
- In Adobe Acrobat (the program you use to view PDFs), click on the “View” menu at the top
- Click on “Page Display”
- Click on “Single Page View”
Then you can print.
Of course, if you ever have any difficulties or questions, you can always contact the Digital Initiatives department at the North Dakota State Library.